Extreme self-care is more than an hour workout. It entails mindfulness, boundaries and a firm grasp of what matters most to each person. Most people give to everyone else before themselves. They do not respect their personal journey, and relinquish inner peace to keep the peace. Intuitive soul guide Steph Palermo explains the benefits of extreme self-care and how to incorporate it into your life.
It can be difficult to begin to put oneself first. It seems selfish and self-centered. This thinking cannot be any further from the truth. When you put yourself first, you create space for others. You become sensitive to any thoughts, feelings, actions, experiences and people who are not in alignment with where you are. Consequently, you will attract those that bring value to you and your world.
Extreme self-care teaches others how you expect to be treated, how you deserve to be treated. You know your worth, everyone else will too. It takes courage. Self-care means saying “no” to those events that drain you. It entails choosing activities that fill your heart, soul and restore your body. Others may not like the “new you.” However, you will enjoy how you feel in your soul and body.
Here are a few benefits of extreme self-care:
1. Reducing stress and anxiety: Engaging in activities that bring you joy and relaxation can help reduce stress and anxiety. When you take care of yourself, you are better able to cope with the challenges of daily life.
2. Improving physical health: Extreme self-care can improve your physical health by helping you make healthier choices such as eating well, getting enough sleep, and exercising regularly.
3. Boosting self-esteem: When you prioritize yourself and engage in activities that make you feel good, you boost our self-esteem and self-worth.
4. Enhancing relationships: When you take care of yourself, you have space for the people about whom you care. Your relationships with others can benefit from your self-care practices. You can be the example to others on what living your best, purpose driven life looks like.
So how can you incorporate extreme self-care into your life? Here are some ideas:
1. Make a list of activities that bring you joy and relaxation, and schedule time for them regularly. This could include things like taking a bubble bath, reading a book, or going for a hike.
2. Prioritize sleep by setting a consistent bedtime and creating a relaxing sleep environment.
3. Practice mindfulness and meditation to help reduce stress and anxiety.
4. Say no to commitments that do not align with your values or priorities.
5. Invest time in your hobbies and interests, even if it means taking time off work or saying no to other commitments.
6. Seek support from a therapist or soul guide to help you develop a self-care plan that works for you.
Engaging in extreme self-care is an important part of prioritizing your own needs and taking care of yourself on a deeper level. By incorporating self-care practices into your daily routine, you can reduce stress and anxiety, improve physical health, boost self-esteem, and enhance relationships. Remember, taking care of yourself is not selfish, it’s necessary for a happy and healthy life.
Meet Our Contributor — Steph Palermo
Steph is an intuitive soul guide and healer, radio talk show host, international speaker, and published author. Steph helps clients discover their spirituality and incorporate it into their lives. Steph teaches her clients and audiences how to meld a spiritual practice with the realities of daily life in order to enjoy the fullest expression of themselves, “the complete life package.” Steph offers Soul Journey Retreats in Sicily, 1:1 Soul Journey Guidance, workshops, keynote speaking and a weekly talk radio show on WATD 95.9 FM. Steph is a Master Catechist, certified in identifying charismatic gifts and a Certified Infinite Possibilities Trainer. As an intuitive soul guide and entrepreneur, Steph combines her natural and supernatural gifts of empathy, encouragement, prophecy, healing and discernment, to name a few, to guide clients and audiences toward their own soul’s path, purpose and personal growth. Learn more about Steph and support her work here!