For many, working from home is a great way to take control of your day and time. No commutes and less time in the office frees up a lot of time when you work remotely. However, for some working from home can make it more difficult to be productive and focused.
Working from home can be difficult to focus and be productive. That is why it is important to eliminate distractions and create a productive work-from-home routine.
Here are our top tips to create a productive work-from-home routine.
No matter when you start your day to be productive you need to start the day on the right foot. To prevent burnout, you need to ensure you are relaxing, and resting when you are off the clock. In some sleep studies, they had found that sleep deprivation (less than 8 hours a night) can cause slower thought processes, memory loss, and slower reaction times. That is why to be focused when working from home you need a good night’s rest.
Many people struggle with a good night’s sleep. For some, working from home has made it difficult to disconnect from devices and even disrupted sleep cycles. To be productive when working from home, you need a good sleep routine.
Tips for a good night's sleep:
• Create A Sleep Schedule For At Least 8 Hours
• Turn Off Devices An Hour Before Bed
• Create A Relaxing Sleep Routine
• Make Sure Your Room Is Dark And Comfortable
Sleep is one of the most important ways you can ensure your body is rested and ready for the day ahead. It’s also important to find ways to relax and recharge, and if possible, away from devices. Find hobbies and interests that don’t require screens such as music, art, fitness classes, and more. By finding ways to relax and unwind you can prevent burnout and feel more productive and focused for the next day of work!
While nothing can replace a relaxing evening routine, creating a morning ritual before your work is another great way to create a focused and productive day. While many are used to waking up to commutes, it’s easy to create a productive morning routine that can help you tackle the day.
Morning Routines for a Productive Day Working from Home
•Eat a Filling Breakfast: When working from home breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, and studies have shown that eating breakfast can increase your memory and concentration, making it easier than ever to have a productive workday.
• Workout: Morning workouts are just good for your body but your brain as well! You don’t jog at 4 AM to have a productive workday, but a morning workout can help you stay alert and focused. Additionally, morning workouts help you have a better mood, and can help make better food choices throughout the day.
•Get ‘Dressed’ For The Day: While working from home means a no dress code, mentally preparing for the day is a great way to stay focused. Taking time to take care of yourself, such as a shower, skincare routine, and changing out of your pajamas are great mental triggers for tackling the day. Not only does looking sharp make you feel good, but helps you stay focused and productive studies show.
One of the best ways to have a productive day at work is to create a productive morning routine. By mentally preparing yourself for the day ahead you will be ready to tackle anything that working from home can throw your way!
While You Work
With a great night’s sleep and a successful morning routine completed, you can feel confident in tackling the workday. But don’t let the routines stop there, you can also create a productive daily routine while working from home.
No matter your industry or title, creating a productive workday is essential to staying focused, minimizing distractions, and feeling less stressed. Here are some ways you can create a productive remote work day:
• To-Do Lists: To Do lists can make everything easier when working from home. While it is easy to get caught up in rapid-fire tasks or rush last-minute projects, having a set to-do list makes it easy to stay focused and remove distractions. Start simple and write down recurring daily tasks and then add larger projects.
• Time Batching: This is a great way to get many small tasks completed in the shorter time frame. This time management technique is about grouping similar tasks together and completing them within a set time frame. Separating these tasks into groups, it makes it easier to stay focused and give items your full attention, ensuring that tasks are completed and to a higher quality.
• Prioritize Everything: Prioritizing tasks is extremely important. This helps you stay focused on the most important areas of your workday and ensure that major projects get the attention they need. Combining this with the other two tips you can also stack your day to ensure the most difficult work is done first and then complete other work as needed. This also ensures that the work that is completed is more detailed and your day is more productive!
With a remote work routine, you will find your days are more productive, focused, and less stressful. With a workday routine, you can take back control of your free time and find it easier to unplug and relax and tackle the next day!
Will You Use These Tips To Create A Productive Work From Home Routine?
Meet Our Contributing Author — Catherine Way
Catherine Way is the Marketing Manager at Prime Plus Mortgages: Mortgage Note Investing.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.